Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spaceballs - 1987 - DVD

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I am going to get in trouble for admitting it, but this is the first time I've seen Spaceballs. While I was at work one day two of my coworkers where snickering after saying the line "We ain't found s***!" I knew something was up, so I asked "What's that from?" They told me, Spaceballs. Then proceded with the classic exclamatory question, "You've never seen Spaceballs? I thought you were into movies!"

Based on that line alone I knew I was going to like this thing. My favorite moment, as brilliant as the "combing the desert" scene is, is when the evil Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) is catapulted across the command center of his spaceship into the panel wall, and comes to in a concussive stupor babbling a la Louis Tully of Ghostbusters(1984). Brilliant.

Someone somewhere has already written about this with a lot more heart and wit than I probably could. And I don't have a penchant for reciting punch-lines as well as others, so suffice it to say for now that, Yes, I have finally seen Spaceballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin