Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Prestige - 2006 - Film

Friday, October 20, 2006

Pardon my brevity, readers. The notes on these next few films will be short. I just damn saw too many movies in too many days. It's impossible to catch up once you're behind.

But.

The Prestige



I think this movie is too clever for its own good. I just feel tricked by it, which may be the point; after all, it is formulated to match the twists of a magic act. But there were so many turns in the narrative that it became difficult for me to follow. On our way home from the theater Mr. H and I talked about it and agreed that it gave us the same feeling that The Matrix did: disorientation. It get the feeling that if we strip away the jargon from the film it'd be a pretty bare structure. Alas, Friday, October 20, 2006 was too many weeks ago. My memory and enthusiam has waned too much to ponder it any longer. Though, I will say this: I enjoyed watching while I was there in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin